Thursday, January 28, 2010

Social Marketing

I resisted this craze for a long time.  In fact, I told people that social networks were a waste of time when it comes to doing serious business.  Then, in early 2009 I decided to go ahead and get a facebook account.  This was my first social network experience.  Now I have nearly 600 friends and we have acquired new business through facebook.

Now I am busy looking for more social networks to join in order to promote our business and our ministries.  Here is a working list of social networks that I know of.  Please submit others to me if I don't have them on this list.  Thanks everyone!

List of Social Networking Websites
  • Facebook.com
  • MySpace.com
  • Twitter.com
  • Classmates.com
  • LinkedIn.com
Another one of the most popular sites is YouTube.com where users can post their own videos.  There are several other samples of sites like these as well.

Then you have websites that allow you to post Photos, Review Movies, Take Polls and lots of other things that allow you to post or list your company info.

There are also several websites that allow businesses or business professionals to post their profiles.  One leading example would be MerchantCircle.com.  There are several others and I wrote another article just on all those.

Here is a list of the Top 25 Social Networking Sites according to Compete.com.

Social Networking is something that you need to pay attention to but at the same time, caution yourself from spending too much time doing nothing but 'socializing'.

blogaway my friends....

No comments: